Home » The US is preparing to deal with the Taliban’s possible attack on the withdrawal of force from Afghanistan
News World

The US is preparing to deal with the Taliban’s possible attack on the withdrawal of force from Afghanistan

http://www.grabbernews.com/the-us-is-preparing-to-deal-with-the-talibans-possible-attack-on-the-withdrawal-of-force-from-afghanistan/
http://www.grabbernews.com/the-us-is-preparing-to-deal-with-the-talibans-possible-attack-on-the-withdrawal-of-force-from-afghanistan/

 

Washington, April 30 (AP) The Pentagon is preparing to deal with US and coalition forces in the wake of fears that the Taliban may attack them during the withdrawal process. Under the February 2020 agreement between the administration of the Taliban and former US President Donald Trump, all US and other foreign forces are to leave Afghanistan on May 1. Under the agreement, the Taliban has ceased attacks on US forces and since then no one has been killed, but the Taliban said that it would force the forces by the deadline

 

Washington, April 30 (AP) The Pentagon is preparing to deal with US and coalition forces in the wake of fears that the Taliban may attack them during the withdrawal process.

Under the February 2020 agreement between the administration of the Taliban and former US President Donald Trump, all US and other foreign forces are to leave Afghanistan on May 1.

 

 

As part of the agreement, the Taliban has ceased attacks on US forces and since then no one has been killed, but the Taliban stated that they were in violation of the agreement by the US in the event that the forces did not return by the deadline. Will consider your stand. Representatives of the Taliban have not clarified whether it intends to resume the attack after May 1.

 

US President Joe Biden has decided to withdraw the forces, but delays in the process pose a new security threat due to fears that an attack could occur during the withdrawal process.

 

Biden has said that 2,500 to 3,500 US forces, 7,000 coalition forces and thousands of contractors will be out of Afghanistan by 11 September. The terrorist attacks took place in the US on September 11, 2001, after which US forces entered Afghanistan.

 

US Defense Minister Lloyd Austin has decided to deploy an aircraft carrier to West Asia and send at least four B-52 bombers and a part of the Army Ranger Task Force there.

 

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby cited Austin’s reason for taking the decision, saying, “We have to believe that this process of withdrawal of force will be opposed.”

 

“If we do not believe that the Taliban will attack American and our NATO allied forces during this process, it would be very irresponsible,” he said.

 

 

General Mark Miley, president of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the withdrawal of forces would be “complicated and a threat in the meantime.”

 

The army usually prepares itself for the worst possible situation.

About the author

Akansha mehta

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Leave a Reply